I LOVE the sound of running water…the ocean, rivers, creeks, fountains…it’s all beautiful to me. It reminds me of life and that our lives flow. Sometimes it’s a slow meandering journey. Other times it’s more like class V rapids. Right now we are in the rapids. Some might be feeling like they are hitting one fierce wave at a time. Others may be gasping for air, feeling as though they are drowning. But I want to remind you today, that the rapids will end and the river will return to a more easy, gentle flow.
- Sit comfortably, feet on the floor, hands relaxed on your belly or tops of your thighs.
- Clear your thoughts and focus on the sound of the running water.
- Breathe in deeply through your nose, pushing the air all the way to the bottom of your lungs. Your belly should extend….big! Push out those abs!
- Hold for just a moment while relaxing any muscles you are holding, and then release your breath, through your nose or mouth, whichever feels best.
- Repeat two more times… this should be about 30 seconds….the length of the video.